How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are already readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.