How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.