How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work appropriately if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.