How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to understand. Softwares are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.