How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.