How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through entering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly really simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.